Thursday, May 7, 2009

What passes for a rest day chez moi

I didn't lift today, but I did take 75 minutes of ballet, then taught cycling. I don't usually teach Thursdays, but I was covering for another instructor. It was difficult mentally to transition from "Waltz of the Flowers" (we've already started learning it for next year's Nutcracker, Goddess help us!) to hillclimbs and sprints, but at least I remembered to change shoes.

You can't imagine how funny pointe shoes look with bike shorts. I'll post a photo some time and you'll see what I mean.

Tomorrow I'll be doing Strength Workout A as per last Saturday. Then on Saturday I'm going to do a barbell complex:

Bent rows x8
Upright rows x8
Military press x8
Good morning x8
Lunges x8 (each leg)
Squat push press x8
Deadlift x8

This is a Randy Couture MMA conditioning workout. I think you're supposed to do it 6 times, resting 1 minute between rounds. I'm going to give it a shot with 40 or 45 lbs--we'll see. I haven't done upright rows in forever, so I can't really remember what weight I use for those. The upright rows/militaries definitely will be the sticking point for me. Hmm ... maybe 30 or 35 would be more appropriate :)